I credit Briscat for having a go at the 14'er, everyone else besides Mr Barrett had abandoned the idea. I couldn't even buy a Capercat from Calypso, Windrush are showing more interest in F18's, and good on Brett, bloody Olympics killed the Tornado market for him...
I encourage competition, but credit to the little fellas for having a go at something different and creating one of the most fun,versatile, simple boats I've seen for a long time.
Briscat aren't monsters, they are family people like you and I, but at the end of the day, they need to put food on the table and a roof over thier heads like the rest of us. If I had back up service as good as briscat from other manufacturers that I have to deal with as a fleet manager, life would be alot easier.
I appreciate where you're coming from Nicko, but I don't think they had formula racing in mind when they created the 430. It's more about teaching little sailors that cats are cool (which is working well at Tinaroo) and not the evil opposition that the other side would have them believe.
One young sailor came up to me and said "cats are easier to sail",
I then put him on my boat and told him to go and do a quick course around the marks, he couldn't even tack the 430!!!!!!Easier to sail????? losers....
Anyway, the little ones who are interested in the 430 take it for a lap frequently and love it. They launch the kite, pull it in, get out on the wire, tip it, fly hulls and have a great time. by the same token, I can have some serious racing against the only windrush in FNQ and then try and catch the Single hander Inter 17's when it is blowing too hard for them to launch the kites and I still can.
Great boat, heaps of fun and good social machine.
And yes, Nacra parts only....No unfair advantage gained.
Chocko

Nacra 430 Rocket