I will add a couple of things:

Tiller - I have tried the Wave with a couple of tillers and I just don't find them to be a big advantage. When the the wind is light, lay down and steer with your foot. It gets your weight where you want it and reduces the windage. Also with mast raked back like the Waves like it, the tiller interferes with the sail. Plus the tiller cross bar gives you something to hang onto when you stuff the nose.

Boring down wind - Solution race with 3-4 boats within 30 ft of you. Also a Wave can race head to head against against Lasers and such. One of the most fun races of my life was when the local Laser fleet was tuning up for the Olympic qualifier. There were at least 15 boats almost touching going downwind and in the last 200 yards the winded shifted to broad reach.

chute or hooter It is fun and can payoff on a big catamaran type course. On a small tight course, I seem to go slower. Also I have tried a couple of different hooter configurations and they are great when you have a reach. I think a good spinnaker might work better on a windward/leeward course.

Just my opinion