Gentlemen-
Mark is honestly trying to help, as are most of the people on here. Let's all just try to keep the negative comments about each other, or even all the innuendo, out of the discussion please. It appears our "moderators" have disappeared from this forum or have elected to let it degenerate.
WE cannot keep anyone from buying an F16 or racing it however they want somewhere. This forum has been a double-edged sword for the class from the beginning. I personally think it is a huge testament to the boats and the general concept that we are still in "business" based on some of the things that have gone on in this and previous forums (remember the old days? F18HT, Inter 17, etc.) - now that we seem to have outlived most of those "us against the other classes" fights we are starting fights among ourselves! That's Mark's point- And as far as I know we have not made it a requirement to actually own a legal F16 to participate in this forum- that's how you (hopefully- with grace and passion and example) lead people into the class.
Mark has been supportive of this class from the early days and is still trying to be. We need some strong leaders in the class who are hardcore SAILORS who happen to love the idea/concept/boats which fit in the F16 class- whether they want to race, cruise, distance sail, are professionals, semi-pros, amateurs, kids, etc. AHPC builds a good boat as do all our current builders IMO. AGAIN- I implore you to embrace all the current builders and sailors of our boats and let our boats and graceful, not RUDE, passion for our sport be the cornerstone of our class.

Kirt

Kirt
Taipan 4.9 USA 159, Flyer USA 185
Will sail for food...