What's the max speed you've ever reached solo? duo? And please no approximation. I'm looking at 10 seconds average speed given by a GPS.

I've been trying really hard to get over 20 knots solo, but I can't seem to be able to reach this goal. I've seen the magic 20 on my speedo a couple of times, but I never got my 10 second average over this limit. My best effort so far has been 19.7 knots a while back and more recently a 19.3 knots in Como. Of course this is downwind under spi, and in wind in the 18-22 knots range.

I find it easy to get to 17 knots, tough to get to 18 and really hard to get anything over that, even when the wind increases.

At this point I think I'm over correcting with the rudders and my tracks are way too squiggly. I have a tendency to sharply head downwind in gusts, and I feel I should use this opportunity to accelerate more. But how can you do it without diving or toppling over?

Tips anyone? This is a personal challenge, and I'm open to suggestions on how to go faster! Is there a "how to handle an asymmetrical spinnaker on a fast cat" book anywhere?