Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Are you going to Racine?

no....but it's killing me.

Yeah, but if you went, not knowing what's going on with the construction would probably be worse.

I just saved myself a lot of headache by being here. Came home for lunch and I knew they were getting close to pouring the slab. I grabbed my camera, walked down the driveway and started watching the first of two concrete trucks back up (over my already busted septic tank...now the discharge pipe is certainly broken). I watched them hose down the chute to lubricate it for the concrete....saw the water dripping on the dirt....I thought dirt, water, concrete, moisture....moisture good for concrete cure. dirt.......moisture.......concrete.....CRAP! There's no vapor barrier!!!! As the guy has his hand on the dump valve from the truck I start screaming WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Apparently, the "builder" didn't tell them they needed a vapor barrier. Had I gone to NA's in one year from now I would be wondering why my epoxy floor keeps blistering.

Fortunately for the builder, the concrete sub-contractor, and the concrete truck drivers (2 of them), they had the plastic in the truck and had it rolled out in about 4 minutes. Geesh. Every second I start to think I'm over-thinking everything I catch someone doing something stupid.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jake Kohl