I would not worry about the warranty on the carbon frame,even before you crash it. If it is anything like the warranty on their carbon windsurfing masts, once you have pedalled the first stroke the warranty will be invalid.
Once you have used the mast ONCE, it is out of warranty, as the product has then been used "out of their control". Go figure, you rig the sail on it first time, set the downhaul to the correct specs on the sail, and the mast goes bang. NP have had a long line of unhappy customers on their 100% carbon x9 race masts from what I have read on the windsurfing forums, as they broke if you looked at them funny, and the warrnty is invalidated by use of the product.
Having said that I have a 30% carbon mast from NP and have not broken it, seems only the 100% carbon masts are not up to the job.
Just to give an idea of how bad it was, we were all standing around waiting for the race director to get us going, kit rigged up, when one sailor`s mast went bang. Without flinching, another sailor looked at him and said "X9?".
You`re not meant to let them be used in direct sunlight.. crazy