Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

I still like that race, though... Just a bit of a logistical challenge

I hear this comment surprisingly often, but as point to point distance races go this one has to be the easiest from a logistical standpoint particularly since the club does provide transportation to and from the Rudder Club on Friday and early Saturday morning. Heck it's the only point to point distance I do anymore with the exception of the Steeplechase but I always have ground crew for that one. Logistics... the Rudder Club has that one handled, sure it's an excuse not to go it's just not a very good one.

The nice thing about this race it’s anyone’s race to win or lose, with the prevailing light and variable spring breezes the odds are unusually even. Besides the fact that it’s a great way to showcase the speed and grace of a multihull when the sea breeze finally comes up at the end of the day and you walk away from all the monohulls and then you proceed to ravage the keg. So sack up you bunch of babies! Even the little girls are doing this one and doing it well!

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"