Well here's the thing, the FL spring breezes are notoriously unpredictable especially in the middle of the state so chasing the breeze would be futile. Besides for the last 2 years in a row there was solid breeze early and it would begin shutting off right around 10 AM, so those early start times are where you wanted to be.

The Mug Race is what you make it, either you're into it or you're not and it's been around a long time so I'm sure it's had it's share of folks fiddling with it. IMO, it's reached a pretty stable state. It's not a World Championship it's the Mug Race. It's a sail down a river with a bunch of your friends to a butt ton of food and cold beer.

Besides Timmy nobody's done it on an F16 uni and with the breezes the Mug Race gets I'm really surprised one of you uni guys haven't tried to capture the mug. If there is a race made for the F16 uni this one is it! You could be the hero! Are you waiting for one of the A-cat's w/ spin to take it before you pull the trigger?

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"