Yea, that's the one. My buddy dosn't talk about the incident much. The story is pretty much accurate. He actually got to fly the plane again later at the 49th at Griffis Air Force Base. I heard that one of the other pilots on the mission said "get back in G***" as the aircraft recovered from the spin. There are more possibilities as to what caused the a/c to recover after the ejection. Personally I think it was the spoiling of the normal lift caused by the forward part of the fuselage when the canopy was no longer on the plane. Interestingly enough, the engine was still running and the aircraft creeping forward in the snow when the State Police got on the scene. They coordinated with their dispatcher and the AF command post to find out how to shut the engine down. I have about 2500 hrs in the 106 and though I never spun it, I was in a few wicked post stall girations and was flying formation with another friend when he jumped out of one that was on fire, so I know that was quite a ride....