Evening All,
No doubt there are other mossie sailors doing an off season refurb, mine was elevated after the boat was damaged on the beach after the Rum Race at Victor Harbor, ironically the last event on the calendar. A few weeks were lost with insurance etc, the bow was repaired by Tony Barrett [ great job] and I was able to start removing all the paint back to bare timber. Three methods were tried, chemical paint remover, heat gun and scraper,orbital sander, my personal preferance is for the orbital. I last painted the boat in 2005 and chose a single pack Polyurethane applied by closed cell roller and brush. I have an allergy to epoxy resin so that wipes out most 2 packs plus i don't believe spraying 2 pack is safe for home use without a positive vented suit which very few people have.I don't. So I again used the single pack polyurethane paint system, just varied the colours.Being a cool and wet Adelaide winter the long repaint times had to be observed plus there were days when no boat work was possible, patience old son! The season will soon be on us so there is no time to lose. I am curious to hear from others with their boat painting and what they used,
Cheers,
Roy,
Mossie 1770

Attached Files
boat damage 2.jpg (489 downloads)