Originally Posted by Mark Schneider

What would you do if the protest committee heard an equipment protest between two F18's on a measurement. No more no less.

Not all area reps sail F18's and not all F18 sailors are measures and none are ISAF certified. So, for someone that doesn't sail an F18 or hasn't measured a boat and doesn't care to your point is lost. The area reps are looking at DPN and <your favorite measurement system here> and saying no work vs. potential work. And Mark you know as well as anyone people aren't exactly standing in a queue to be an area rep. and now we are going to ask them to have a SCHRS accepted measurer onsite for the regatta.

I have no love for DPN but the potential headaches of adopting a system that doesn't have numbers for popular boats (IMO) is unacceptable and pushing that obligation to the individual owners is going to be tough sell. Based on Eric's post my concerns about measurement protests are the same, and NO it's not the same as an F18 regatta where certs are checked. Also based on Eric's post any proposal will need to come with names attached that are responsible for ruling on the items Eric pointed out.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"