my two cents is that the sell might also be to the community government that sees the value in having scenic sailboats seen in conjunction with their waterfront community. Just recently, Myrtle Beach (or North Myrtle) was leaning toward eliminating some aspect of allowing catamarans on the beach (it was a while back and I don't remember all the details without researching it). A local dealer asked me to write something so I chimed in and reminded them to visit any local nick-nack shop and count the number of Myrtle Beach post cards that feature a catamaran. It's roughly 75% of all postcards that feature sand and beach (I've counted). Catamaran sailboats, whether they realize it or not, are be an attractive iconic feature to the marketing and attractiveness of their vacation (read: tourism!) waterfront to everyone. It's an important aspect to maintaining that vacation and watersport atmosphere that is difficult to create but very important to local tourism. It's a beach icon (thanks Hobie!) and no vacation spot is complete without catamarans.

I would also then suggest a way to help eliminate the derelict boats that are an eye sore.

Hopefully they can help with the park management from a different angle. After watching what Hollywood, FL was able to do with local resource management on very short notice to help the Tybee 500 along, I understand that it only takes one champion in your favor on the right committee to open a lot of doors.

Jake Kohl