Originally Posted by pgp
I've been asked to compile a list of DON'TS for beach access and storage on public property.

This process is in the fact finding stage and there are no promises! But if you had the chance to establish a mast up storage facility on public property, what would you disallow?

To begin with my short list is:

1) No uninsured boats. Minimum proof of insurance $100,000/$300,000
2) No unsecured boats. All boats secured by screw anchors at four points. If trailers are permitted, boats must be stored on the trailers and secured at four points.
3) Nothing on the ground. All sail boxes, etc. must be attached to the trailer or kept in personal vehicles and removed at the end of each day.
4) No alcohol.
5) No automobile assisted launching. All boats are to be launched by hand. Cattracks, beach dollies and other non-motorized assist is permitted.
6) No motorized vessels. Exemption for safety vessel.
7) No boats over a certain size. What length and weight?[rightly or wrongly this community has a major dislike for PWCs. Any attempt to include them will blow the whole thing out of the water. Besides, there are plenty of launching facilities for motorized craft of all sizes]
8) No sanding, grinding or painting. Repairs on site are limited to replacement of small parts.
9) No littering.
10) No pets
11) No unsupervised children

At this point the discussion includes all small sail and watercraft, specifically included are kayaks, canoes, Sunfish and small dingies, and of course beach cats.

Since I have to answer for it, I'll make the final decisions but your help in compiling this list will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.