Keith, If you are racing different classes on Yardstick then its open slather, however if you are racing different classes then it would be mean to pass 1 mono on windward and duck under another on leeward, they may have been duelling for hours and your movments may have just wrecked their race, may I suggest your club seperate the faster boats and start them 5 mins earlier and even give them a different course, this will help also, if you have the time and room then it is polite to not interfere with anothers match racing, for a mono hull to try to round you up in a yardstick event is ok but for them to do it when you are in a different catagerory then that is wrong of them, its much smarter for a slower class to just point down a little or change tack when a faster boat is approaching, my club races class events to minimise this happening and also we race all in yardstick events sometimes staggered times but its an all vers all race so anything goes..I always give way to the kids regardless and encourage them as i pass