Great thread guys, keep it coming!

I am looking for the same Jeanie in a bottle. It seems that by the time I start to bear away, its to late. The spin gains so much power as the apparent wind moves forward that by the time I begin to bear away, its too late and I need to bear away hard deep sixing the bows.
Its fun and exhilarating but probably not the fastest method of getting down wind. It seems like there is something missing from the equation. I sail mostly on lake pleasant in Az where the winds are seldom steady so this may just be how I need to sail in these conditions, more time in the saddle will likely help. I will try running out an armful of main sheet next time out.

I sailed in Santa Barbara a few months back @ Wine & Roses, the winds were pretty steady 15mph and unidirectional. I watched as the F-18 guys blasted around the course seeming to stand their cats almost on their noses while under spin. I couldn't gain control of all that power on my N6.0. Hull flying wildly up and down, fighting to keep from diving the bows. At that time, My crew was very in experienced also but managed to stay on the boat. I was attempting to do my S turnes but couldnt make them remotely fast enough. Up the hull would go and by the time that I was able to attempt to turn down, the rudders were deep sixing the bows.
I have been told that I may need to be a little more patient while the boat gains speed without heading too close towards a reach. That makes sense and I am working on that whenever I go out. I just seems like the spin is stalling out, so I continue to turn up till I feel it power up, then attempt to turn down before the hull raises too far. Its usually too late and again, the rudders deep six the bows.
Should the crew be sheeting out more to get the spin to power up without me needing to turn up so far? It seems like the boat is tripping.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA