No, that's pretty normal max crosswind stuff. Some of those were Boeing Certification flights, where they have to "Demonstrate" to the FAA what the Maximum Crosswind Landing wind speed is, so they were doing that on purpose, to show how much crosswind it could handle.

The last one in that clip was real-world, pax on board, and that looked pretty Ugly!

The "Trick" to a good max-crosswind landing is knowing when (and how much) to kick the rudder to get the airframe aligned with the runway, just before you plant the landing gear on the runway. If you watch closely, you will see (both 747 landings were good) they approach the runway with a big crab angle into the wind, but obviously you don't want to touch the landing gear down going sideways (like that last guy did!) so at about 10 feet up, while sinking, you kick the rudder and lower the upwind wing, to straighten out the nose and gear, to align with the runway, and you plant it, firmly, all at the same time.

Of course if it's that windy (I'm guessing most of those were in the 30knot cross wind range, or more), it's usually squirly winds too, lost of gusts and lulls, that's why it's hard to know exactly when to kick it straight. If you get a gust just as you thought you were going to touch down, or worse, a lull (drop) just before you kick it straight, well, it can get ugly. That's what happened to most of those guys who just about dragged wingtips in that clip.

Several of them "Did The Right Thing" and went around, come back and try it agian, or go somewhere else. You don't want to try to salvage a bad crosswind landing or you risk ending up in the grass on the side of the runway, like that one guy did!

By the way, our (777) max Autoland (on autopilot) crosswind limit is 25 knots, the max 777 Human crosswind landing is 39knots. So I guess the Humans are better and can handle more crosswind than the automation.

Oh, the 3 worst landings in that video were all Airbus A320's...what does that tell you?

Here's what it tells me. Those guys have not been hand flying enough, they have become crippled by always relying on the automation to do it for them.

Blade F16