Mike... not twisting or agreeing with your point that PN should not mess with class rules. ( I certainly agree)

Just making the point about data (none) and time (forever).

Sorry Dave
The issue of certificates is a red herring. It is completely dependent on what kind of race is called for. (How many F18 boats were tossed for not measuring in)

The vast majority of boats are stock legal class boats that have a Portsmouth number AND a SCHRS number. No difference in race management.

Modifications to Stock boats. in PN they are declared for most races and adjustments are made at face value by you the owner and you report your rating.. in Measurement world... if you made changes... you must make the measurements your self and adjust your rating yourself and use it when you register..Many calculators and spreadsheets exist. No difference to race management

For races like the Area qualifiers where something more then a trophy is at stake... no change would be needed either.
These races do not allow boats with modification to race in Portsmouth Area championships now.. In measurement world... you could enforce the same rule.. boats with modifications are not allowed. NO difference to race management.

OR... you could raise the bar and allow boats with modifications who have a valid certificate. (It's the owners problem and ISAF approved measurement people are available and for a fee will give you a documented rating certificate)

I never get why people think its such a big deal to switch.

There really isn't that much of need for anything more then what I describe above.

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 04/01/11 11:32 AM.

crac.sailregattas.com