Always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep your spin. You gain speed, and speed prevents pitchpoling. It's not the spin that mkaes your bows dig, it's the mainsail. It's far more dangerous 'digging wise' to only wear the main.

As for the snuffer system, I can't think of a better design than my Nacra setup. The same halyard raises and lowers your spin, It can't get any simpler. Tha good thing about front snuffers is that you can snuff it while going at the same spin course heading, and you can even head into wind and still drop the kite. NEVER EVER drop your front snuffer spin downwind, NEVER ! Or else you will 'run over' your sheets(word?)/lines and they will wrap around your bows, NOT nice.

And for those 'no,no tststtt cleats on a spin....', I consider them my crew. It gives me 2 more hands to work for me. Just try to sheet in a spin one handed while holding the stick...or getting back from the trapeze. I really don't see the difference between jib cleats and spin cleats while going downwind, my Prindle 16 was a pitchpoling bit*h because of the jib so...I handle the 2 in a similar way: sheet in, head up, get speed, head down, sheet out, rince, repeat...

My only problem with a spinnaker up in good winds is when the waves are short, and break into my REAR crossbeam, thus rocking my bows down...it makes some fun, albeit un comfortable, RODEO RUN !