Originally Posted by wildtsail
I actually like the hat idea Jake... though you won't have any notches yet. We'll be changing that soon, I hope. I'll expect Ding will need a new hat pretty quickly when he runs out of room for notches. It made my day to see the changed results with us beating Ding. Plus that means Karl owes us a bottle of rum! Thats what he gets for telling me that I'm only his "part time" nemisis. Brendon is happy too after he got ripped off in the dance contest.
We were a bit nervous about going to Spring Fever not having sailed the Wildcat before. Saturday was a learning experience in the light air, we figured out a lot about the boat. Still have a ways to go but we love the boat and are looking forward to tapping into the potential it has.
Mike.. thanks for calling Karl out on the broken boat excuse! Beth yells at him when he doesn't take care of his boat, the least he could have done is pony up the money for a KNOWN PROBLEM and fixed it before the regatta rather than whine about it afterwards. We replaced those before they broke and then a few regattas later when borrowing Mike & Tripp's boat it broke on their boat sailing around between races in 5 knots of wind.

I've already got a notch!...and don't give me that "we had a new boat stuff"...I haven't been on an F18 in five years and I had a crew with me that has sailed an asymmetrical kite only once before.

Jake Kohl