Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
For Latin American countries, it's a big deal.

EXACTLY....

What I'm saying is...Yes, it's a big deal, why not get behind it, no matter what you sail. Inter 20, F16, it doesn't matter, get behind the team as a unified force.

My other point is...What's the big deal in Multihull sailing in the US? Not much really, relatively speaking. F18s? A class? H16? The classes aren't really growing like wildfire. In the past 2 years, I've seen regattas take a downward turn here on the West Coast. And what happened to the A class on the West Coast? In NorCal we had 14 boats, now there's 1.

The fracturing that I'm talking about is that everyone is stuck in their own little corner of the sport, which makes it difficult for, say, the F18 guys to get behind an event raced on 16s, like the PanAms.

Here's the PanAms, the event has a ton of support from all over the Americas, and we can't even be bothered to cheer on our team? Talk about missing out on an opportunity to unify the cat sailing community in the US!

There should be a lot more positive hoopla surrounding our team. Why isn't there?

Of course, I'm using the PanAms as an example to show the lackluster support for a much larger event, The Olympics.

If we can't even support the PanAm team, how the heck are we going to support our Olympic reps?

Last edited by SurfCityRacing; 05/12/11 03:57 PM.