Im pretty sure the biggest challenge for anyone who wants to get on the US Olympic team sailing cats is beating you, Rhody!! Seriously though, finding enough time to be on the water and racing a lot is a start. That means money which means sponsors, which seems to be harder here in the US than in other places where sailing in more ingrained (EU, AUS, NZ) in their cultures. How does anyone else here manage to finagle sponsorship on any real basis? I know a few guys who get hardware (Ronstan, Harken etc) sponsors, but its really only for a small equipment budget. Im sure if you went to them and told them you needed a new boat, they would be laughing for the rest of the day. It seems tough even for guys like Mischa, who jumped off Hobie for Cirrus, as Hobie wasent willing to cough up some real loot to keep a top guy on their brand. I dont think that was a great move and we shall see how many times he puts the Cirrus on a podium over a WildCat...Anyway Im still just trying to figure out how to get someone else to buy me a new mainsail...better get back to begging!!