I've just had two very discouraging days of sailing on the Wave. I have lots of experience racing most of the Hobie's and I would be quick to tell you that I'm good at it. In all six races I sailed in I started alongside or maybe a boat length behind everybody else. By the top mark I was 50 yards back, by the bottom mark 150 yards back, by the finish maybe 300 or 400 yards back from the pack. I'm 6'1" and weigh about 280 pounds, but these guys are all over 200 pounds I'd say. It feels to me like I need a tiller extension to move forward in the boat. When I raced a 17 or an 18 in light air I'd be forward of the front cross member. Downwind today I was getting the boat going in the right direction and then sliding forward to the cross member. Then when the boat was a little off course I'd go back and straighten it out and then go forward again. That way I'm half a touch faster but I wasn't catching anybody. I've got a Windy-tech sail off of Ebay and a Whirlwind and the results seem identical with either one. Anybody got any ideas before I start petitioning the IWCA to allow the tiller extension?