Originally Posted by pgp
There are lots of things you can change, but not displacement.

True enough. I think it'd be a tough sail in anything much over 10kts.

I don't think it'll be that much work. The shrouds should work and be pretty close to the correct length, the geometry from the C2 and the Viper is pretty close, as far as the distance from the front beam to the where the shrouds are, and the beam isn't that much less. Neither forestay won't work, and neither will the spin pole bridles. The forestay I think I'll use the Viper's, and just throw a shackle on the chain plate and the end of the bridle and just use a 4-5 wraps of dyneema to make up the difference. The spin pole bridles are just made from dyneema and are easy enough to make as well. I should just use an extra end cap so we don't have to cut the old one off as well.

Where the kite sheets to could be an issue. Might be able to cheat that with some sort of barber hauler type set up though,

Jib could be an issue as well. The F16 jib is tiny, the big boy F18 jib is gargantuan by comparison so I don't know if it'd clear the mast. In fact I'm basically sure it wouldn't. So we'd either use the F16 jib, or go F16-HT style. Oops, just looked at the AHPC website, there's only five more square feet in the F18 jib. might not be that far off

F18
main - 183sq/ft
jib - 45sq/ft

F16
main - 162sq/ft
jib - 40sq/ft

Like I said, its just for fun.

and Pete, no way am I giving up the stick man monk

Last edited by Karl_Brogger; 07/01/11 09:50 AM.

I'm boatless.