Originally Posted by Timbo
I realise the AC teams are putting in a lot of time learning on these boats, vs. the rest of us weekend hacks, but still, why isn't Randy Smyth driving for one of these teams, or is he but I just haven't heard his name yet?

A number of noticeable names missing from the picture; Randy, Bundy, Mischa amongst some others.

Note that guys like Barker, Spithill have been doing a lot A class racing the last bit and it really showed in the bit of film I watched today with the fleet race.
Coutts and team look pretty armature in their boat handling and decisions. They will undoubtedly be better over the next 2 years before the actual cup race, but right now they are a bit behind the learning curve. I think a bit **** in how fast they thought they would pick this up.

Still experience in cats doesn’t make it all. Look at a full complement of World class Tornado guys on China and they seem even more out of the game. Guys like Green Com with no experience and a new ride were bringing up the back, but today were driving right over China.