Originally Posted by waynemarlow
Be a little careful of the angle of the sheet to the handler as when you come out on the wire, the rear stay seems to be right in the way. The 14:1 has a sheet coming foward of the stay for the crew to pickup and thus the stay doesn't come into play.

Finding the centre sheeting like the A's have is very good as it ends to pull your feet onto the sides while trapezing and means much more foot grip.

There is not a good cleat option for cleating directly off the boom, and from experience a forward lead sheet position is a problem with the side stay always as you move fore and aft. The A class guys mostly run an attachment with cleat to the tramp to solve this. On the A this is OK. On the F16 a lot of guys sail with crew and the line to the tramp makes maneuvers a real pain in the butt. Even uni on the F16 you have to go forward for the spin and the tramp mounting cleat option makes running the kite a bitch.

Pete, there are some pics of my boat center sheet on our Falcon Marine Facebook page. I think Paul posted some info on his set-up too at 1 point. This is what I am going to switch to as the kids are starting to be able to run some on the sheet and I do not have to do it all any more.