Originally Posted by Ringo
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm on a search for a good pair of sailing glasses that will keep water out of my eyes. I've almost been tempted to wear my snowboarding goggles.

Has anyone heard of anybody trying Wiley X SG-1 glasses? Back in '03 when I was in Iraq, one of our companies received these glasses to help with the conditions. I noticed that the lenses were inserts with a rubber barrier that forms a barrier to your face. That barrier does have holes ..probably to help keep them from fogging up ...but I wonder how they would be with water constantly splashing in your face.

I also would like to get prescription for whatever I get

Those work pretty well. In extreme stuff, you still have a chance of getting water in your eyes. Barz makes googles with interchangeable seals - vented or not vented. I had a hard time getting the Barz to fit me properly though...probably my big nose!

I have used skiing goggles before and they work well. They're a little prone to damage though - I've popped the lenses out of a couple of pair before I gave up on them. There is another type that I have really grown to like but the name escapes me. They have a foam rubber frame with a pinned in tinted shield on the front. An elastic strap holds them to your head...they work really well...I'll have to get mine out tonight and see what they are.

Jake Kohl