Thanks again guys,

So I have 'almost' removed the top ply section of the composite deck on the port hull. I have kept the beams attached for now, as it keeps the hulls nice and stable, so I haven't removed the 50mm section of deck next to the beams. Its taking me aaages, I borrowed a friends battery powered Ryobi laminate router, with only 1 battery that lasts about 15 minutes, so its slow going, but they say slow and steady...

The foam between the two pieces of ply isn't a uniform thickness, it has been shaped to increase the curve of the deck. Whilst the lower sheet is curved slightly, it isn't curved as much as the top section was, so I am a little concerned that if I was to install stringers into the existing foam bulkheads (there are no stringers at the moment), the decks wouldn't be curved enough to measure as per the building rules:

5.13 The deck curvature shall be within 5 mm of the deck template as drawn on the plan but the gunwale may be radiused to a maximum of 3 mm.

That said, without a copy of the plans, my thoughts are if I create a template based on the existing curvature, and then use this when constructing I Beams, I should be OK.

There are currently 3 foam bulkheads between the rear beam bulkhead and the centerboard case. A couple of these have cracks which I will need to repair. There is a single foam bulkhead between the centerboard case and the front beams. I think I will add some more.

Philip, I would really appreciate it if you could send me the construction method for the I-Beams, my email is ASchnull@gmail.com.

Thanks again for all your help, I can't wait to get to the point where all I need to worry about is the color paint I choose smile

Regards,

Andrew,
Assassin 1363