Originally Posted by timtower
Where/how do I mount a cleat for the tack? I'd probably put it right next to the spinnaker halyard, starboard side, and use a similar cleat. I also need to mount a cleat for my jib furling line. Port side with a similar cleat as the spin halyard?

I was reluctant to respond since i don't sail a I20/N20 but... I (personally) have my jib cleat on the port side of my front beam. My tack line is in the same type of cleat (ronstan alum teeth) but on the stbd side of my mast (on the beam). I use different color lines so i can yell at crew Pull the RED...etc

My spin halyard runs through a spin lock about 1.5' up my mast. Some had issues with spin locks but i think the issues were resolved when they went to alloy inside the spin lock. I have a very thin halyard and no problems with it.

If you have regular crew, and they like to STAND UP while raising the spin... many people put the spinlock a few feet higher up the mast.. .i sail solo often and don't want to stand to raise it (or increase my odds of it self locking while i am snuffing)

PS the halyard/retrieval is continuous on my cat, tack is separate.