I hesitate to bring this up because I don't want to say anything detrimental to any catamaran classes and I have always admired the F18hts. However, I'm really interested in everyone else's take on the following article. I know this won't go down easy with a few of ya' so I'm coating my dry suit with fire retardant spray as we speak - FLAME ON.

This would scare the poopie out of me if I owned one of these boats. Seriously - how can a normal person keep up with someone who's spending all that dough on development of a production boat? F18HT too heavy? He bought three sails for the boat in a day! Talking about the carbon fiber mast: "The mast is a beast. We can barely right the boat". Holy Cow Dung Batman!! C'mon let's flip my 6.0NA - I'll show you a beast to right! This guy is probably unloading $20,000 to better a $12k(??) Javelin F18HT. With this boat (class) being selected for the ICCT you can also bet that a few more will develop it further with a lot of cash leaving the regular folks in the dust and with outdated equipment. Do you think this is going to healthy for the class? How about for the sport?

The F18HT Bleeding Edge (literally!)

Jake Kohl