Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by jkkartz1
It wasn't wild, it was stupid.

If you watch the 2 minutes before the start, you see Couts way up high all by himself. He then proceeded to barge into the start and had no where to go.

20 and 0 in America's Cup races, World Championships and Olympic Gold Medal and he pulls a bone headed stunt like this. He couldn't get away with this move in one of our fleets let alone one of this quality.

Yeah, but they are all reaching to the start line on those starts. One boat in the middle could point up into the wind and take half the fleet into the committee boat if they wanted to. There is a bit of a complicated give/take going on there and I can see how he might have thought they were all going to play nice.

For the fleet racing it would waste time, but I was wondering why the leeward boat didn't take up his competitor in the match racing. Before the gun of course. Drive him up above the boat ,then bareaway and start,leaving him to have to tack around to start. Maybe there are some special ACWS rules to cover that.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White