Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
okay, talk to me about the good/bad/ugly. Preferably from those who sail/have sailed one

Will this keep my beachcat skills up?
Is the performance reasonably close to an F16?
Are beach landings particularly harmful? Compared to today's beachcats - not the bomb-proof solid fiberglass H16s of yore...

The marketing slicks make it look like it's the answer to everything including global warming, so I am quite suspicious

What I DO like is that it's small enough to go in the garage, about $5,000 USD cheaper than even a used F16/F18/A-cat, can go 1up but still take the barnacles if it's not too windy, and looks easy to rig and move around on the beach.

I don't see much of a fleet around, but I'd be pretty much stuck sailing with leaners down here anyway. I envision it keeping my harness damp so I still remember which way points forward on high performance beachcats.

Similar performance to a Hobie 16 and you can find used,good A cats and slightly outdated F-18s for $3-4K less than a Weta ,all day long. If you want a tri get a weta if you want a cat (That goes alot faster and is easy to move) get an A.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White