It's a Nacra 5.5, I weight 180 lbs. I tried with a righting bag that I made myself, quite big: diam 22", height 30" (maybe a bit more, I don't remeber exactly). I guess it had at least 130 lbs on it. I have a mast float and just the tip of the mast was under water, when it came up (with help) it didn't seem to have water inside. Wind was maybe 15 knots and it seemed to be in the right direction, the mast pointing maybe 15° or so to the wind and the wind blowing from below the sail. That's all I could rotate the cat anyway, stepping at the stern. Main and jib were released and the upper part of the main was vertical, not looking like full of water. I raised the bag and with the same rope I hooked from the harness and stepped out myself, from the mid of the beam. The bag was hanging down from near my belly. Nothing. I also tried to move the bag out with my back but it felt less effective.
Disappointing. Now I'm afraid of the dark..
I tried the righting pole in the past with a N5.0 and it didn't work either. So it looks like I need a shroud extender. What is your experience with this device? And what do you think I could do better without it?
Thanks