Bob Merrick, who has actually done this before, described the recomondations as interesting.

I have to say... I am not impressed... Lots of word salad and nothing particularly insightful... IMO.

They want a Team approach with 4 to 6 teams on the pathway to a medal... backstoppped by a Youth Development program.

The amount of sailing in Olympic equipment in the US is minimal now.... What changes on the ground to make this possilbe (apart from lasers)over the next 3 quads?

Multihulls have a unique olympic pathway of
Learn to race in something... move up to Hobie 16 move up to F16 move up to Nacra 17..... Alternatively... you jump into the N17 class and get coached up for a quad,

So...Reality check... we have Zero N17's now with first container in January. and with 50 US F18 teams at nationals.

We have 30 F16's at NA's...after 10+ years of growth. with 10 youth teams.

We have 75 H16's at NA's after 45 years of growth... with 15 youth teams.
The country is huge and critical mass is damn hard to achieve.

HOW is this going to work?
I don't see how their plan manages reality of the critial mass problem ... and then develops sailors who need YEARS of coaching.

Mention of clubs purchasing boats on the development pathway was made... but this seems unrealistic given how little sailing actually happens in these boats for most clubs and their members. (apart from lasers. For Multihulls, I don't know of a single yacht club that has a fleet of 5 club boats.... much less Olympic pathway equipment.

Mention about the coaching deficit and the need for Olympic experience.... How do they solve that one in Multi's.

If I have a drink in hand.... I could echo Bob M' It will be interesting if they can implement the plan..

If I have several drinks in me.... Are these people living on this planet?

Sigh... Am I missing something??

crac.sailregattas.com