Most of the carbon sticks are underweight at the tip by some way. Most of the Uni sailors here in the UK have a carbon stick as most of the boats came with them from new ( Stealth ) and have found them extremely robust and most of all, a cinch to raise the mast on your own.

To get around the F16 tip weight, we simply fit a lead corrector weight if we attend a nationals or such like, ( so far in the UK that law has been ignored and to date we haven't had to fit the weights, very sensible in my opinion )and whilst club and pleasure sailing, enjoy the benefits of the carbon stick.

But even at full class tip weight, you should be able to right the boat if you follow all the basic principals, release the downhaul, centre the mast rotator, release the main sheet, turn the sail at right angles to the wind to get lift from the sail ( if you have to paddle the boat into the right position ), get your body almost touching the water ( probably the most common error )and then once it begins to right, use your arms to pull the boat over from actually being in the water.

Fully sealing the mast is also a basic prequisite and any water entry into the mast will make life difficult. My own mast for example will simply sit on the waters surface for as long as I need to organise myself.

The only time I have seen the light weights really struggle is if the wind completely dies and the flat top of the sail sort of glues itself to the water ( stiction ) and you really need to almost shake the mast to be able to right the boat.