Its sort of a theory but if the mast is allowed to rotate out in really flat water, it allows the tip of the sail to lay completely flat on the water and " stiction " seems to really get a hold of the sail. When its a bit of a mill pond and I have made a bit of an " error " ( typically messing with the spinny and seeing how high I can fly the hull broad reaching ) the first thing I do is let the downhaul off and then derotate the mast, at that point you can actually see a little chink of light in the gap between mast and sail bolt rope area. As you try and right the boat, the sail always seems to break free from that area.

Well its one of those theorys but at 90kgs I don't have much problem righting the boat and in stronger winds, with the bows pointing into wind fully, I almost don't need a rope simply pulling on the dolphin striker.

I think there was a Stealth Promo film showing just how easily a F16 can be righted by a guy who is around the 80kgs mark at Datchet on the old Stealth Catamaran website.