Originally Posted by Tim_Mozzie
Hi Darryn

You're seeing some very different stuff on your race course to what I'm seeing!

Hi Tim and Gary,
I am sure I see different boats to you guys, tend to have the older classes over here to race against. The Arrows with their newly introduced square top main are a bit quicker which I had picked up using my yardstick system and have now dropped 3. The Taipans we have here aren't being sailed by the top guys in that fleets so I am pleased that their yardstick increased slightly and mine dropped by 1 to close up the gap some. Windrush super sloop dropped significantly which again I agree with as we are seeing some of the foam boats making their way to SA. The sloop Mozzie dropping to 82 with the cat at 83 also works for me as I find them hard to get past and leave behind in wind strengths above 15 knots but they can get in front of me then cruise around covering me, now they have to work for the win, better racing.
As for the spinnaker stuff I leave that in your hands, obviously I know stuff all about that and if you say you have been robbed then I believe you.
I think the older A's have been hard done by and the Yvonne should have come down by the same amount as cat Mozzie to keep them relative to each other, seems to work at present but the Yvonnes are getting quicker too so maybe I would shave that 0.5 off them in the next revision.
Whoever does the VYC yardsticks seems to have an understanding of SCHRS both the advantages but also the slaughter that pin head fine bowed catamarans would suffer if that system was applied.
So, overall, for the racing I do in SA, I think they are an improvement. Sorry you guys dont, I am sure if you make your reasons known they will be taken into account in the next revision.
Now the challenge is to get clubs to use the latest version rather then the version which gives the advantage to the class which predominantly sails at that particular club.
cheers,
Darryn

Last edited by Darryn; 01/21/13 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling errors, sure i didnt get them all