Originally Posted by srm
Originally Posted by rattlenhum

Rules are rules........

So how exactly does including the F18 class at an HCA area championship comply with the HCA's rules and strict one-design policy?

Does this regatta now set a prescedent for all future HCA events?

sm

The F-18 policy has been in affect for quite some time. I'm not sure how often it has been utilized, but it certainly is nothing specific to this event (no precedent):

http://www.hcana.hobieclass.com/sit...o/F18-RegattaInclusionPolicy01-06-10.pdf

I don't even have strong opinions either way about "The Edict," but I hate that the crap has to start flying (from both sides) anytime anything remotely related is posted here. My opinion is that, if one doesn't like the rules, policies, etc. of an organization, business, club, or regatta, one should work with/in the associated structure to change it. If that doesn't work, one should just avoid it. The endless ranting and misinformation (from both sides) here rarely does any good and often seems to (inappropriately) end up making things worse for the poor-bastard organization, business, club, or regatta that was just trying to do their thing! I don't want to see that happen to OSYC, where a lot of hard-working people (including Robbie) put on the best (mostly open/rarely Hobie) regattas in my area!

Jerome Vaughan
Hobie 16
Clinton, Mississippi