Originally Posted by xanderwess

When I was chair of HCA- I included IWCA wave at our MWE events. I think it was 4 of them. Totally exercised executive power. Went right to my head. Nobody but me authorized it or condoned it but me. This is where the confusion is coming from. I totally broke the rule repeatedly and feel I Owe the wave people an apology for making this worse rather than better. Current admin is playing by HCA rules as they should.
Cw

Chris,

You did a splendid job when you had the chair and you don't need to apologize for anything. You had the balls to do what you thought was best for HCA and IWCA.

Having said that, I believe that HCA has every right to administer the Wave class using the save philosophy as the other one-design boats. The F18 really isn't part of this equation.

Almost every Wave sailor I know has a legal Hobie sail. There is no reason to allow anything else at HCA events. In fact, after the ruling came down for MWE last year, several of us used our Hobie sails at some tune-up regattas against top sailors with other sails and we did pretty well.

Having just raced at the Charlotte Harbor regattas this past weekend, I got an indication that a number of IWCA regulars will be at OS with Hobie sails.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jack Woehrle
Hobie Wave #100, Tiger Shark III
HCA-NA 5022-1
USSailing 654799E
Alachua FL/Put-In-Bay