Originally Posted by Scarecrow
It takes non-design loads off things. Arjan ripped the mount at the base of the mast out of his mast when tightening the diamonds. Probably because when doing up turnbackle the rivets holding it in place were put in tension rather than shear by the lever from his spanner. Had the wires been removed there would have been no load on this fitting during tightening and when the load was re-applied the rivets would have been in shear and possible would have stayed in place..

Thanks, but not for me. I had to do that with my A-cat and I hated it so I never changed them once I had them set at a medium setting. I had to wear gloves and put feet on the mast to get the diamond wires out to the end of the spreaders and even then it took me one rummy per side to get it done. To try that on an aluminum mast running more tension I think is just nuts. If you're adjustment system fails when adjusting it, it needs to be redesigned and/or fixed. The Infusion system (and the older I20 system) are perfectly happy being adjusted at the diamond wire adjusters and without pulling the diamonds off the spreaders.

Jake Kohl