Originally Posted by catandahalf
M
The F 18 and F 16 Classes will continue to hold their own until those boats grow tired, and my guess is they will be replaced with NACRA 17s as time goes on by the wanna - be foilers. I am wondering if the boat is too heavy for lifting foils and rudder 'wings.' Jake you there for comment on this?

Rudder stabilizers are the hot trend now for the A Cats with curved foils. Let's hope NACRA considers this in short time.

For this year - take good care of your F 18 sails and trailer.

Geebus Bert you really don't like the F18 class do you. When your grandson got involved with the F16 you said almost the exact same thing about the F16 replacing the F18 along with MANY others yet here we are still chugging along with our little piggies.

The N17 is exactly what it was built for... an olympic platform which is demanding to sail and difficult to perfect. Many of those making a run at it will run out of time, money or discover they just don't have the skillset to compete at the olympic level and the N17 will be just like the T-class where the difference between the have's and have not's is dramatic and the have's is a small pool.

Sorry Bert, I think the F18 and F16 classes will be just fine and if we do come apart it will be of our own doing and not because of the N17.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"