Originally Posted by Undecided
Originally Posted by Hullflyer1
It is like the Prindle, the strip and 2 bolts are one piece, If you can remove the other nut and see if you can force the piece up into the beam, remove and replace. If I recall the bolts were welded to the strip.

So I can't just replace a bolt? Its a strip that goes in there that I have to order from Nacra?

I would bet that it's two loose stainless steel bolts that go through a 1/4" or 3/16" aluminum backing plate inside the beam. I would expect to see enough corrosion on that plate to justify replacing it but you might get lucky and be able to reuse it.

You can get pre-anodized aluminum bar stock from McMaster. You will have the exposed cut end and the holes you drilled where the anodizing will not exist - but I would spray paint the exposed areas and use plenty of 42 or 5200 on reassembly. You should be able to get plenty of what you need for under $20.
McMaster anodized aluminum

McMaster never links easily. From that link, choose Multipurpose 6061 alloy. On the left menu from there, click "anodized". Pick the size you need from there.

Jake Kohl