Jeff,

I'll start another thread on the downwind VMG. We have work to do upwind in over 13kts of breeze and downwind in big waves.

Relevant to this thread, the cross the tramp spin sheet method I've seen on the Falcon and tried on the Infusion crosses the sheets on the tramp, in your case right in front of the center sheeting block. One corner goes to a grommet that is on the aft starboard side of the tramp and the other to a grommet on the aft port side of the tramp. I think on the Infusion these may be used to tie off the tramp to the boat, but I'm not using it for that purpose. From left to right, the shockchord gets tied to the starboard spin sheet on the port side of the boat, goes through the port side grommet, forward to a ring under the mast, then back aft to the starboard side grommet and then tied to the port spin sheet that is sitting on the starboard side of the boat.

I have since dumped this setup and gone back to tying the tails on my spin sheet together on the tramp with a single shock chord holding them. With the crossed setup above life was great while sailing upwind. It was not happy when we gybed, my feet ended up tangles in the spin sheet mess.

Last edited by samc99us; 08/06/13 01:01 PM.

Scorpion F18