I've been thinking about this for a few days. We feel underpowered upwind, on the average (other boats are quicker to go double wire). We are also a little slow downwind in general. I'd like to focus on the upwind for right now:

1) New upwind sails and new long dagger boards aren't in the cards for this year. So we have the stock 08' performance main and jib and the Infusion short boards

2) In these conditions we've been running the jib on the second traveler post, sheet attachment in the top hole and a medium sheet. I ran the sheet a tiny bit looser last time to force my helm to foot. Thoughts?

3) Main trim: Upwind I pull the rotator on a bit so the spreader has about 1/2 to 1 inch of separation on the leech of the jib. To me this feels like I'm adding power. I know on the 20 we let the rotator flop. Thoughts? In these conditions we are loose on the cunnigham/downhaul and the main is generally fairly tight, I'd say about 8" of spread on the blocks but we are careful not to over sheet the main (using a leeward telltale at the very top back 1/3rd of the main).

4) Boards are fully down. We haven't really had a chance to test the adjustable trap setup yet, so wires are fixed at slightly below deck height.

5) We're a 305lb team carrying 17 lbs of lead, I know we'll be loosing a little lead before Nationals. But at this weight I feel we should be going twin wire before most other teams and that hasn't necessarily been the case.

And yep we've watched the Racine videos (Mischa) and others. Looking for additional opinions!

Thank You,
Sam Carter
Crew, Team Slippery When Wet

Scorpion F18