Originally Posted by cyberspeed
Well, I know for a fact that Chuck isn't going to "test the waters" by starting off with a 1000 mile race but he also mentioned it probably would not initially return as a yearly event and I am sure if enough interest is present, it could be possible to do the 1000 miler two years after the 500. BUT there would have to be a lot of solid interest.

I don't know when Chuck would open registration but the year he cancelled it all entries were returned. samc99us and Dick MacDonnald gave verbals, any of you other guys going to throw your hat into the ring? Jake and Team Cat Fever, does it go without saying? Ding, I think you need to check it off your list. Jay, wife let you out the house for that one?

The RTI is a great event. I have attempted it once (expensive t-shirt) and would like to finish it one day but I like to keep the Endurance Series races strictly beachcat only (22' and under) races. In the beginning, the Miami-Key Largo and Mug Cup races were part of the series but it wasn't a good fit for various reasons. Things could change in the future but not next year.

Ding, keep me informed of your Hiram's Haul attempt. Between a week long offshore powerboat race in Key West, and a long string of car races/testing ending in a trip home (Louisiana), my dance card is pretty full for the year. I plan on being at the Steeplechase though.

samc99us, I would love to come over but my time would be better spent getting caught up on a pile of work I have on my plate. We can talk at the Steeplechase. If you could talk it up and relay any serious teams, that would be helpful.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

A week of prep is nothing for most of these teams now Todd, we're stacking and racking boats in enclosed trailers, shipping them in containers etc., all prepped months in advance. Honestly Tybee planning was painless compared with all this, but we did have an absolute rock star handling logistics, and a team that's done it all before.

An every 2 year event is certainly more sustainable. I can drum up interest, and send you a list of emails to hit when registration opens.

Last edited by samc99us; 10/16/13 01:03 PM.

Scorpion F18