Victor Harbor Yacht Club is running a yardstick competition for catamarans over the weekend of 7th and 8th December.
http://vhyc.org.au/cat-fight-december-2013/
I have joined Victor this year, the 5th SA club I have been a member of after always being impressed by the club each time I raced the Rum Race. So far the normal Saturday afternoon cat fleet consist of a Stingray, half dozen Yvonne's, 4 Arrows and me on the Mozzy. Despite the obvious differences between the cats the yardsticks are similar, the racing is tight on the water and the corrected results are very close.
It would be great to see some other Mozzies turn up but also F18's, Nacra 5.8, Taipans, Paper Tigers and "A"s as this will provide some meaningful data which can be submitted to VYC.

Ronstan is a sponsor with prizes for each heat and overall, there will be food, grassy space to rig up, parking within sight of the club and assistance, if required, in dealing with the shore break.
I think this is a good thing for cat racing in SA and I urge those, who have expressed opinions to me about the validity of VYC yardsticks, to bring your boat to Victor and race in some back to back course racing over two days.

cheers,
Darryn
Bullet

Last edited by Darryn; 11/23/13 01:42 PM.