Definitely some close finishes, when racing the Yvonnes I find I can point a little higher and sail faster upwind, reaching and downwind I loose the advantage once their spinnaker goes up. If there are some surfable waves I can nullify their spinnaker quite a bit. Yvonnes with the spinnaker have more then 40m2 of sail area so holding them off with 12.5m2 downwind requires plenty of wind and a few waves too. The race boils down to building a big enough buffer upwind and not loosing to much downwind.

As far as their yardstick at 85.5 and mine at 83.5 I'm suggesting the Yvonne changes to 83.5. So far the Yvonne sailors I have spoken too agree. Effectively we end up with first over the line wins, makes the racing even more interesting. Of course there will still be days that suit one type over the other but over a season it will average out.
As there are a couple of competitive Mosquito's in the Victor harbor region not being sailed at present I'm hoping that a fleet of 7 catamarans racing off scratch might be enough to raise some interest.
The link below has the results in a better format.
http://vhyc.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Cat-Fight-Dec-2013.html

Darryn
Bullet