Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
did you have to beach your craft at each checkpoint (above high-tide line) or just for the start?

Maybe attach RATO and a sled in DeSoto smile

Just the start. We could tie up to docks everywhere else.

COULD or Had to?

CP1: your only choice is to hang onto a dock (unless you are a kayak in one of the other classes and permitted to use the small shallow beach). You have to drop sail and paddle around a couple of 90 degree turns to "present your boat at the checkpoint). Other leisure power boats are getting hauled in and out of the water here and there are only two docks...it's tight for a 14' wide trimaran. The entrance is also very tight...I wouldn't want to be much wider.

CP2: Big muddy silt beach. Imagine Anne's beach, a little muddier and with gators sunning on the shore. Sail the boat in as far as you can and make sure you have shoes that are laced TIGHT before running in to sign the log book and recharge water.

CP3: Marina with a narrow channel entrance. Pretty open with several docks to tie up to (especially at 2am). Also has a bathroom...caution needed, however...I've never experience sea sickness but after being on a boat for however long that was and touching dry land for the first time in a while, I was using the urinal and almost lost my cookies because of the sea legs...the room was waving and bucking (land sickness?...is that a thing?). That's probably why I couldn't manage any of my hot meal that Alan cooked that night.

Finish line...more docks...crunchy beaches. Narrow boat ramp to pull out. Land sickness was probably lessened by being greeted with beer (THANK YOU Taylor!).

Cool! Thanks.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White