you can use some boats for more than racing, you know... Just sayin'see next post - I'd venture that those "dead" boat societies might be sailing but not racing

I've cruised this boat almost as much as I've raced previous boats (we'll exclude the "dark years" from 2007-2012 when toddlers ruled the roost).

Noodling around on the boat for a day with the family appears to be much cheaper than traveling to regattas (fuel, lodging, entry fee, damage, crew costs, etc). And I don't bring my "game face" which tends to scare off other potential crew...

There's also 4-5 other boats in my class nearby which might actually be willing to join a group sail. (I took your advice and looked for similar boats in my area when making my selection)

Sure, I miss all the group hugs with you little rays of sunshine at some of the regattas (poker night at Eustis, Mug race dinner, T-winds pizza shop, Hiram's debautchery, etc), but is sure is easy dropping this thing in the water for an afternoon vs. all that goes in to racing.

Last edited by waterbug_wpb; 03/26/14 03:56 PM.

Jay