To fully kill this theory...

I was on vacation in Florida and not monitoring forums. I'm not the lead forum guy these days either, but try to get in there when I'm in the office. I no longer run the website either. As we've expanded... I've gotten to let a few jobs go to others. We have a tech support team and a web / IT team these days. Now I can concentrate on my main job... parts and accessories.

The official release about his death came on the next business day (31st). This came from management and our press relations group. And many personal tributes have followed.

We all loved Hobie Alter and have been blessed in life by his creations and attitude. Our staff is in mourning Hobie's passing, but Have a Hobie Day lives on.

Such an outpouring of love for this man and his creations. I've been having strangers stop and ask me (I wear a lot of Hobie T shirts!) if I had heard that he passed away, which begins another conversation reminiscing about our experiences involving him and Hobie products.

Hobie's creations touched so many peoples lives ... certainly my life in a big way! From the first Hobie 16 that I purchased in 1976 ... so many friends gained ... travel all around the World ... a livelihood for me that has lasted nearly my entire adult working life ... and is still going!

Thank you Hobie.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company