Yes, Mike being a solosailor myself, I know exactly your problem with the trax. I've tried also different solutions too.

I think your idea is about right; my only doubt is the the square wood part that you use.

By doing that you connect again the leftside to the right side because the hull-bottoms will forcefully choose the same side at the same time of the square wood. That could give sometimes troubles?????? Especially at the front side of the hulls which may have a stark slope in the hullbottom line (at least my cat have!)

Ofcourse you can round off the wood , but then why not choose a round model in the first place. I know the bearing surface is less.

I've searched many years for this reasons fore a thick rubber hose that would just fit around the traxpipe. Never found it.
And it must be thick because my assymmetric hulls are very sharp at the bottom (so there is a lot of pressure on the hullbottom by half of the total weight of the cat).

Since a few years I use a long strip of EDPM-rubber (which is used as roof-cover) and wrap that around the traxpipe about twenty times (and glue it the same time). The rubber is about 2 mil thick so it will end up as a hose of 5 cm thick wall.
If you are interested I can post a picture.

But reading your post again now, it may well be a genious idea of you for the modern cats with a straight bottom line.

Last edited by northsea junkie; 06/10/14 02:31 AM.

ronald
RAIDER-15 (homebuilt)

hey boy, what did you do over there, alone far out at sea?..
"huh....., that's the only place where I'm happy, sir.